Super easy and super healthy Coconut Whipped Cream is a fantastic Vegan and Paleo dessert topping! You can use it to replace regular whipped cream in most recipes.
This Coconut Whipped Cream is Refined Sugar Free, because it uses only half a teaspoon of maple syrup. I always try to make recipes so that they have zero sugars added, but sometimes just a little bit is needed. That’s the case here.
I made this Coconut Whipped Cream many, many times, and I had to toss many mixing bowls of curdled whipping cream down the drain. I don’t want you to have to suffer the same indignity, so here are my tips for making a delicious Coconut Whipped Cream that will turn out every time.
Tips for Making Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Chill everything. You need the ingredients to be super cold. Chill the can of coconut cream even if you’re using a can that is labeled “Coconut Cream” and not just scooping the cream out of a can of coconut milk. Just chill the can overnight before you make the whipped cream.
- Chill the mixing bowl. You can chill the whisk attachment, too, if you want. But I found that it’s really the bowl that keeps it all cold.
- Don’t add any sweetener at the beginning. Add the maple syrup and the vanilla extract after you have beaten the coconut cream into a smooth and fluffy state.
That’s it. I have made this with coconut milk from all different brands – my time is limited, and I can’t always get to the right supermarket with the right coconut brand, so sometimes I just need to grab what I can find.
I have used coconut cream with guar gum added, and it worked just fine.
It’s fairly easy to find cans of straight-up coconut cream nowadays, but be aware that there is still coconut liquid underneath the cream. Don’t use the liquid. Save it to put in a smoothie or for some other use.
If you can’t find coconut cream and you need to use cans of coconut milk, don’t worry. Refrigerate two cans of coconut milk a day before you plan on making whipped cream. Then, scoop out the coconut cream that will have separated from the liquid.
Nowadays, I just keep two cans of coconut milk or coconut cream in the back of the refrigerator so that they’re ready to go when I need them. A little bit of planning ahead makes this recipe super easy. Also, knowing good technique matters, too. Follow my advice, and you’ll have a creamy Coconut Whipped Cream to put on top of your favorite summer pies or cakes or brownies or ice cream or anything your heart desires. Enjoy!
Why You’ll LOVE this Recipe:
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Ingredients for Coconut Whipped Cream:
- coconut cream
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
Notes on Ingredients:
Coconut cream – Use a 15 oz. can of coconut cream or two cans of coconut milk. Don’t shake the cans. Chill the cans overnight so that the cream separates from the liquid. You can use coconut milk/cream with or without guar gum. They both work just fine.
Maple syrup – Just a tiny bit of maple syrup works wonders here. For some reason, every time I used stevia, it curdled. It’s such a small amount of maple syrup, and generally people eat a small amount of whipped cream as a topping, so it’s still a very small amount of sweetener.
Vanilla extract – This really helps the flavor, and it doesn’t change the color at all.
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream From Scratch
The day before you plan on making Coconut Whipped Cream, chill the can of coconut cream in the refrigerator. Chill the mixing bowl of your stand mixer in the freezer.
When you’re ready to make the Coconut Whipped Cream, spoon out only the coconut cream from the can (not the liquid) and put it in the chilled mixing bowl.
Using the whisk attachment, beat the coconut cream on medium-low until it is creamy.
Add the maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Beat just to incorporate. Don’t overmix.
Chill the Coconut Whipped Cream in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Coconut Whipped Cream – Vegan Paleo Dairy Free Refined Sugar Free
- 1 can coconut cream (15 oz.), chilled
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The day before you plan on making Coconut Whipped Cream, chill the can of coconut cream in the refrigerator. Chill the mixing bowl in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to make the Coconut Whipped Cream, spoon out only the coconut cream from the can (not the liquid) and put it in the chilled mixing bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the coconutc ream on medium-low until it is creamy.
- Add the maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Beat just to incorporate. Don’t overmix.
- Chill the Coconut Whipped Cream in the refrigerator until ready to serve.