Sweetened with only stevia, these Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes go from scrumptious to out of this world fudgy with a super easy Chocolate Ganache frosting. No mixer required, this one bowl recipe is easy and fast to make.
These Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes are so moist and delicious, and they have ZERO sugar. They’re sweetened with only stevia. With the almond flour and the eggs, these amazing Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes are full of fiber and healthy fats. They’ll fill you up and leave you satisfied – which means you’ll have more cupcakes to enjoy later!
For a super simple cupcake, they’re great even without the frosting, but the frosting, oh, the frosting! The Chocolate Ganache Frosting takes these cupcakes over the top. The Chocolate Ganache Frosting stays moist and fudgy, so when you bite into the cupcake, your teeth sink first through a layer of pillowy chocolate frosting before settling into the softest, moistest chocolate cupcake ever. Divine is the perfect word to describe it.
I’m a huge fan of simple recipes, and this recipe only requires one bowl to mix in (okay, plus one bowl to make the ganache frosting in). The wonderful thing about cupcakes – in addition to their innate wonderful-ness – is that they bake quickly. Just 20 minutes in the oven, and they’re done.
You do need to let the cupcakes cool before putting on the ganache frosting, and if you’re in a hurry to get those cupcakes done and into your tummy, then just pop the baked cupcakes into the freezer for 15 minutes. With about 10 minutes of preparing the cupcake batter before they bake, you’re looking at one hour from no-cupcakes-sad-day to happy-tummy-full-of-healthy-cupcakes. That’s do-able any day of the week.
So, get your ingredients and start baking, because, you know what? You deserve a treat.
Why You’ll LOVE this Recipe:
- Sugar Free
- Gluten Free
- Low Cholesterol
- One Bowl Recipe
- Quick to make
Ingredients for Paleo Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes:
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
- vanilla extract
- liquid stevia
- lactose-free plain yogurt
- coconut milk
- chocolate chips
Notes on Ingredients:
Almond Flour – Make sure you’re using blanched almond flour, not almond meal. Any brand will do.
Cocoa Powder – Just make sure it’s unsweetened. Any cocoa powder will work – both Dutch-processed and non-Dutch processed. Dutch-processed will generally give you a stronger, darker chocolate flavor. Unprocessed cocoa powder will give a bit of a milder flavor.
Lactose-free plain yogurt – I love using Lactose-free plain yogurt to give a lift to baked goods and some extra tenderness. However, all dairy products do contain casein, and if you’re sensitive to casein, then you’ll want to leave out the yogurt. You can use an equal amount of coconut milk instead.
Chocolate Chips – Just make sure they’re Sugar Free. You can use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips or Bake Believe which are both Sugar Free, but they do use sugar alcohols which are High FODMAP. If you need to avoid FODMAPs, I recommend HU Keto Chocolate Chips which have no sugar alcohols.
How to Make Paleo Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch
Make the Cupcakes
First, preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Next, in a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate microwaveable bowl, melt the Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks for 45-60 seconds in the microwave. Add the melted Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, eggs, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia to the dry ingredients. Stir until there are no more lumps.
Add the yogurt, and stir until smooth. Spoon the cupcake batter evenly into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each liner ⅔ of the way full. You don’t want to overfill the liners, because that will actually cause the cupcakes to sink instead of getting a nice domed top.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
Make the Ganache Frosting
Put the chocolate chips into a bowl.
Heat the coconut milk in the microwave for 45 seconds. Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate chips, and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until completely smooth. If chocolate chips are not completely melting, heat in the microwave for 10 more seconds.
Let ganache frosting cool in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before applying to cupcakes. Use a spoon to spread the ganache frosting on each cupcake.
You can leave these beautiful cupcakes simple and unadorned as they are, or you can add a little edible flower just for decoration. I used dried rose petals, because they contrast nicely with the deep color of the chocolate.
More Delicious Paleo Recipes
Paleo Sugar Free Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
Black and White Cookies – Paleo Sugar Free
Chocolate Frosted Donuts – Paleo Sugar Free
Paleo Sugar Free Spiced Date and Walnut Cookies
Paleo Blueberry Pancakes – Sugar Free
Paleo Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting – Gluten Free Dairy Free
- 4 cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, 2 sticks, melted
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- ½ cup lactose-free plain yogurt (or coconut milk)
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 140 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt the Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks.
- Add the melted Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, eggs, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia to the dry ingredients. Stir until there are no more lumps.
- Add the yogurt, and stir until smooth.
- Spoon the cupcake batter evenly into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each liner ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- Make the ganache frosting. Put the chocolate chips into a bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk in the microwave for 45seconds. Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate chips, and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until completely smooth. If chocolate chips are not completely melting, heat in the microwave for 10 more seconds.
- Let ganache frosting cool in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before applying to cupcakes.
- Use a spoon to spread the ganache frosting on each cupcake.
Reader Comments and Reviews